Motorcycle Model: 1999 Yamaha Yzfr6mcSubmitted on April 20, 2019
Basically what is happening is that the battery drains while driving.
Here is a breakdown:
1. The stator is aftermarket but producing sufficient voltage. Swapped last summer.
2. Regulator/rectifier is OEM and also swapped last summer.
3. Battery is a 12v 7AH aftermarket, but almost new.
4. The battery only drains while driving and not from standing stationary for a while, hence i dont think there is any parasitic drain.
5. All the cable connectors are looking good, no melting or any clearly visible damage.
6. I have installed heated grips and a phone charger, heated grips draining under 4 amps, phone charger is a couple amps, but even with these + headlights turned off, i still run out.
7. I had a mechanic look at the charging system and he said it was fine (clearly not since i ran out when i got home, also i think he just simply checked voltage @ 5k RPM)
Any ideas?? I'm going to do a complete test of everything including the cables later today, but any ideas that could save me from unnecessary work is much appreciated
The bike has been sitting for a year. It starts but takes a while like it's not getting the fuel it needs. When it finally starts it spits and spudders in first and second. When I rev it, it over revs...
I have a 2000 Yamaha V-star 650 classic and it has had issues starting since i got it. The spark plugs have been replaced. When i press the starter button it cranks but has a hard time turning over. I...
Have vstar1100 01 model have hardkrome 2 into 1 pipes barons big air kit and rejected carbs ran strong then had float needle jet go bad in front carb which caused flooding when bike was shut off after...
I just replaced the stator and rectifier. Bike was running well then I noticed the coolant resiviour was low so I replaced the fluid completely with universal Prestone 50/50. It was running well whi...