Mechanic Advisor

Jeep Repair Questions

front upper differential mount 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Car Model: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Location: Peoria, IL Submitted on January 8, 2013

Peoria, IL

When getting my oil changed a mechanic told me I need a front upper differential mount replaced.  What is this and is this? I am not at all familiar with automotive repairs.

Rate this Question:


  • Photo
    Franklin, MA
    (0) Rated this answer helpful
    The front axle has bolts that hold it to the frame. The section on the frame has a rubber part that takes up the vibration of the drive train . It's rubber so it wears out like any other rubber item. 
    Posted on January 08, 2013

    Need more advice? Ask our experts.

    Other Jeep Related Repair Questions